. . . I've been told that I write novels for email messages. Perhaps this is the way to go. I'll try to make each entry, or Gemstone, a "precious" one. On mediocre days, all I might be able to produce is a "semi-precious" entry. In any case, an entry might be a "neat" Gemstone--something that is uniquely mine.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Since it's Tuesday.....


My sister has this on her website, a link to Should be Reading's Teaser Tuesdays.  Here's the directions:

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

  • Here's mine......

    "Again we were not alone, and again I was miserably disappointed that this was the case.  Three men and one woman -- the salt-and-pepper braid -- were filling buckets with water from the smallest stream."

    This is from page 234 of Stephenie Meyer's adult novel, "The Host".  Not all that grabbing, mind you, but makes you wonder who the character is with.

    I've only gotten through the first 5 chapters since I started the book last night.  It has really been captivating and I can't wait to read more but I just get so tired at night that I can't keep my eyes open long enough to get really deep into it yet.  But I'm intrigued and look forward to reading more!

    No comments: