. . . I've been told that I write novels for email messages. Perhaps this is the way to go. I'll try to make each entry, or Gemstone, a "precious" one. On mediocre days, all I might be able to produce is a "semi-precious" entry. In any case, an entry might be a "neat" Gemstone--something that is uniquely mine.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Should Be Reading


My sister has this on her website, a link to Teaser Tuesdays (Oct. 14).  Here's the directions:

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

  • Here's mine......

    I'm reading a book about small towns in America called Way off the Road by Bill Geist, a book that our dad told me about and that my sister read already. 

    There's yam music and yam poetry, too. Queen Paige, in her crown and long, sequined, yam-bedecked train, delivers a dramatic reading of one poem that ends "...as an abundance of sweet potatoes falls to the ground; amazed at his magnificent yield, the farmer calls them his...jewels...of the field."

    I get the feeling that this small town is well known for its 
    yams and I bet they all overdose on carbs often.

    No comments: