. . . I've been told that I write novels for email messages. Perhaps this is the way to go. I'll try to make each entry, or Gemstone, a "precious" one. On mediocre days, all I might be able to produce is a "semi-precious" entry. In any case, an entry might be a "neat" Gemstone--something that is uniquely mine.

Monday, October 20, 2008

My First Suduku

I don't know how I've managed it, but I have stayed away from the Sudoku craze up until today.  I picked up a book full of them while in the waiting room and turned to the directions.  The whole procedure sounded easy enough but after selecting one from the "Easy" page, I realized that it wasn't!  After about 45 minutes of trying to solve the puzzle, I still hadn't gotten very far so I ripped the page out and took it with me.  At that point I realized that Sudoku is not for those, like me, with a touch of obsessiveness!  Later on in the day I tried to work it for another hour but failed at the last square of 9.  So I took a break and made dinner before trying again.  This third and last attempt had me erasing the whole thing (Yes, definitely do this in pencil!) but after only 30 minutes I was able to solve it!

So here it is reproduced for you.  I'm sure you'll be able to complete the puzzle in far shorter time than I did.

The goal is to fill in the empty cells, one numeral in each, so that each column, row, and region (each 3x3 block) contains the numerals 1–9 exactly once. Each numeral in the solution therefore occurs only once in each of three "directions"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ami Simms blog has a notation about her experiences with Suduku. She has a different attack to the puzzle than you. She also mentioned a quilt book By Bethany Reynolds titled QuDuku, done with colors rather than numbers. Looks interesting. Tried to copy the info to include but could not figure out how. Let me know if you want the info. Love Mom