. . . I've been told that I write novels for email messages. Perhaps this is the way to go. I'll try to make each entry, or Gemstone, a "precious" one. On mediocre days, all I might be able to produce is a "semi-precious" entry. In any case, an entry might be a "neat" Gemstone--something that is uniquely mine.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Returning from Spring Break

So I'm thinking that the average person gains 5 pounds after a week's vacation. What do you think? My scale verified that for me this morning so now it is time to un-do what I did this last week. But was it worth it? Oh, yes!

We spent a week in Orlando, Florida, which meant a beach trip and a visit to the four Disney parks. Each one has something wonderful to offer and we had an amazing time. One thing I do suggest, if at all possible, take a 2 hour break in the afternoon back at the condo to rest and recharge before going back for evening activities. It made a major difference for us.



Coming back to northern New Mexico, I realize how much that I miss warmth. It is springtime here, which means cool days with high breezes. In Florida, it was in the 80's all week, and although overcast many days, was so heavenly. Now I'm back in jeans and jackets instead of the shorts and tank tops. But the good news is that there is no humidity here in my region of the world, so my hair isn't poofy like it was in Florida. But again, bad news is that the humidity kept my contacts moist and now I'm suffering from the dryness by 8 pm where in Florida, my eyes weren't irritated at all. And there's no beach in New Mexico. But the skies are blue with pure white puffy clouds and it is beautiful in its own way.

But it is good to be home from vacation. I did sleep in until noon today, really feeling the effects of the go-go-go week, something that we always seem to do when we're away. Seems when we vacation, we see and do so many things that we need a vacation from our vacation when we return. But it was worth the time and energy and we had a wonderful week.

Now for the 7 week crunch until the end of the school year, and yet another vacation. This time to celebrate my oldest graduating from high school and my parents' 50th anniversary a few months ago. We'll see if it all pulls together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so enjoyed all your pictures while you were away. I can't believe there are only 7 weeks left!

Neat Rox said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them. I love to post them for everyone and share beautiful places.