. . . I've been told that I write novels for email messages. Perhaps this is the way to go. I'll try to make each entry, or Gemstone, a "precious" one. On mediocre days, all I might be able to produce is a "semi-precious" entry. In any case, an entry might be a "neat" Gemstone--something that is uniquely mine.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Dreaded "Falling" Dream

Everyone has had a dream where they are falling and then wake up startled. It's been a long time since I've had such a dream so when I woke up from falling this Sunday morning, I was not happy. It bothered me so much that I couldn't get back to sleep. How dare a dream keep me from my weekend snooze-until-noon day!

I went to the website dreammoods.com to see what my favorite dream interpretation website had to say about "falling" dreams. It is no surprise that it is one of their top 5 dream interpretation requests. They do tell the reader that contrary to popular myth, you will not die if you do not wake up before you hit the ground. I consider myself lucky that I always wake up before I hit the ground. :-)

According to dreammoods.com,
As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.
Time to do some self-examination to see what I can work through so I don't have any more falling dreams! I have a feeling I already know what is on my mind though.

One thing I did find interesting has to do with that old quack Freud. He says that a falling dream indicates "that you are contemplating giving into a sexual urge or impulse. You are lacking indiscretion."

No comments: